Why do so many people start workout regimens only to give up on them after a few weeks? It’s because working out is a chore rather than something they want to do. In other words, they’re not having fun working out.
One of the main keys to sticking with your workout routine is to make it fun. When you’re having a good time exercising, you’ll work out harder for a longer period of time, and you’ll actually look forward to your next workout. In fact, in a recent Reebok survey of 15,000 women across 25 countries, nearly two-thirds of the women said they’d work out more if it was more fun. They also said that exercising felt like a chore.
So, what can you do to make sure you’re having fun while you work out? Here are some tips to help you out.
- Have a goal – If you don’t have a specific goal in mind that you want to achieve by working out, you’ll get burned out pretty fast. Setting a realistic goal gives you something to track your progress against. When you start seeing results, you’ll enjoy yourself more and have more motivation to stay with it. So, set yourself a goal (e.g. “I want to get bigger biceps”).
- Get your friends involved – Let’s face it, everything is more fun when you have your friends by your side. Instead of trying to go it alone, get your friends to exercise with you. You’ll have a fun time, and the group support will help keep everyone motivated.
- Mix it up – Doing the same workout routine over and over again will bore even the most passionate fitness enthusiast. If you want to keep it fun and exciting, you have to mix up your workouts. Try new exercises and test out new machines and equipment. For example, if you normally do dumbbell workouts, try taking a dance class to change things up.
- Get out of the gym and go play – Who says that you have to be in the gym to get good exercise? As long as you’re being active, you can work out anywhere you want. Instead of doing squats, you could give your legs a workout by going snowboarding. Instead of using the elliptical, go hit the basketball court at your local park. Have some fun!
- Treat yourself– When you’re putting in the hard work of exercising and eating right, it’s good to reward yourself. And that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to pig out on junk food. A good reward could be something as simple as taking a day off and heading to the beach or buying a new outfit to show off your new body. Rewarding yourself helps keep it fun and exciting!
If you are having problems with your digestive system, here are some tips on a natural solution for a healthy digestive system.