These Best Earmuffs for Sleeping can easily solve that problem.
Sleeping Earmuffs come with an adjustable headband and comfortable foam cushioned ear cups in order to make them comfortable enough for sleeping. Don’t forget though that the main reason for the sleeping earmuffs is their noise canceling ability.
Our reviewed sleeping earmuffs are manufactured with quality sound absorbing material, use a solid sealing cup, and unique technology which provides the highest Noise Reduction Rate (NRR).
We review the best sleep time earmuffs which will most definitely help you get a good night’s sleep.
Sleep Mask (with Ear Muffs) for Sleeping Black Hibermate - Luxury Eye Mask with Ear Muffs. Blocks Light and Reduces Noise, Perfect Gift for Shift Workers. Includes Bonus Carry Bag.
|Binding||Health and Beauty|
|Color||Gen 6. Pitch Black|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 6001510396854|
|Item Dimensions||Weight: 86|
|Legal Disclaimer||Note: May not reduce enough sound for loud snoring situations|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 236; Length: 921; Weight: 123; Width: 780|
|Product Group||Home Improvement|
|Product Type Name||HEALTH_PERSONAL_CARE|
|Title||Sleep Mask (with Ear Muffs) for Sleeping Black Hibermate - Luxury Eye Mask with Ear Muffs. Blocks Light and Reduces Noise, Perfect Gift for Shift Workers. Includes Bonus Carry Bag.|
Sleep Master Sleep Mask
- Fully adjustable, light-weight and breathable cool satin sleep mask
- Durable, soft, flexible and wide to surround your head comfortably, connects easily in the back with velcro strips
- Synthetic outer shell/ Cotton interior
- No Latex, Hypoallergenic and Hand Washable
- MADE IN USA
Wrap-a-NapTM Travel Pillow, Sleep Mask & Ear Muff. Adjustable Soft Fleece Neck and Head Pillow. Machine Washable. One-Size-Fits-All.
- SLEEP ANYWHERE: Wrap-a-Nap’s unique, patented design blocks all light, muffles light noises and turns any surface into a pillow.
- COMPLETELY CONVERTIBLE: extended Velcro fasteners make it a cozy neck pillow or a plush reading pillow. Even works as a comfortable lumbar support.
- PERFECTLY PORTABLE: Rolls up into a small, compact 5”x5” roll, or attaches easily to your luggage, tote or pack.
- MADE IN THE USA of plush minky fleece and high end down alternative fill for incredible softness and resilience.
- SLEEP BETTER: Get real, restorative rest on the airplane, camping, in the car, at the office or at home. Sleep well through uncomfortable plane flights, migraine headaches and brightly lit rooms. It’s the ultimate napping accessory.
CozyPhones Sleep Headphones with Travel Bag - Ultra Thin Earphones - Most Comfortable Headphones for Sleeping - Perfect for Air Travel, Relaxation, Meditation & Insomnia - BLACK
- HEADBAND EARPHONES: Lightweight, comfortable and washable extra wide sleep headband doubles as a sleep mask when pulled down over. Thin 1/8" cushioned, removable speakers with a durable 52-inch cable provide rich, clear sound.
- VERSATILE AND EASY TO CLEAN: Perfect for daily use, traveling, or exercise, and more, you can wear your CozyPhones anywhere. When it's time to wash, simply remove the speakers and machine wash your headband.
- HEADPHONES FOR WORKING OUT, TRAVEL AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLES: Use for sports, yoga, running, the gym, meditation and relaxation. Ideal for children, teens, college students, dorm life, noisy roommates, airplane and car travel, snoring spouses and more.
- MADE TO LAST: Featuring a flexible and durable 52-inch braided cord that will not kink, twist or break under normal use. A 3.5 mm stereo plug is compatible with most cell phones, tablets, laptops and other devices.
- GET A GREAT NIGHT'S SLEEP: Drift away while blocking sounds that keep you awake or calm your racing mind with podcasts, music, or audiobooks. This comfortable headband with earphones is the perfect solution for side sleeping and will not hurt your ears.
AcousticSheep SleepPhones Classic | Corded Headphones Designed for Sleep, Travel and More | Flat Speakers in a Comfortable Headband | Midnight Black - Fleece Fabric (Size M)
- The Best Headphones for Sleeping, Relaxation, Meditation, Travel, Tinnitus, And More. SleepPhones are the first and most comfortable headphones for sleeping that have helped more than one million people sleep better.
- Engineered & Designed for Comfort. The high-quality, ultra-thin flat headphone speakers are comfortable enough to wear while lying down or sleeping on your side. SleepPhones Classic come with a sturdy 48-inch braided cord and a 3.5mm headphone plug. Some devices will need an adapter to be compatible.
- Natural Sleep Aid Created By A Doctor. A family physician created SleepPhones to help patients fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer without resorting to drugs.
- Soft, Machine Washable Fabric. The headband is breathable, hypoallergenic, and luxurious. It doubles as an eye mask and is machine washable thanks to removable speakers.
- Choose Your Size, Fabric, And Color. SleepPhones come in S, M, L. Size Medium, M, is the most common size that fits most people. SleepPhones are available in two types of fabric: warm, soft FLEECE fabric and lightweight, moisture wicking BREEZE fabric. Please contact SleepPhones directly regarding warranty questions. Our world headquarters are based in Pennsylvania and we can address any issues quickly and efficiently.
Sleep Mask with Ear Muffs for Sleeping, Blue Hibermate - Luxury Eye Mask with Ear Muffs. Blocks Light and Reduces Noise, Perfect Gift for Shift Workers. Includes Bonus Carry Bag. Navy Blue
|Binding||Health and Beauty|
|Color||Gen 6. Dark Navy|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 6001510396922|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 205; Length: 890; Weight: 75; Width: 772|
|Product Group||Health and Beauty|
|Product Type Name||HEALTH_PERSONAL_CARE|
|Title||Sleep Mask with Ear Muffs for Sleeping, Blue Hibermate - Luxury Eye Mask with Ear Muffs. Blocks Light and Reduces Noise, Perfect Gift for Shift Workers. Includes Bonus Carry Bag. Navy Blue|
What to Look for in the Best Earmuffs for Sleeping
Earmuffs or hearing protection are most commonly associated with use by industrial workers to protect themselves from loud noises from machinery. Obviously, sleeping earmuffs are just a bit different from those models in several obvious ways.
These types of muff models were designed specifically for sleeping. What that means is that they must be comfortable to be worn in bed laying on your pillow. Typically, they are thin and out-of-the-way or ultra-soft and fluffy while performing their main role–blocking out the noise.
Some like to add earplugs to block out more noise. It is my experience that a pair of high-quality earmuffs is a significantly better choice. Plugs feel uncomfortable and can sometimes cause wax build up or infections in the ear. Besides, due to the size, I seem to misplace the ear plugs all the time and had to buy more.
So with that in mind, the features I consider most important are:
1) Noise-cancelling ability
The noise-cancelling ability is the most important feature, at least for me. Afterall, that is the reason you are getting them–right?. Now, sleeping earmuffs employ many different methods of blocking sound. Some use a thin layer of soundproof fabric while others involve a bulkier acoustic material and structures.
Passive Noise Cancelling (PNC) is a simple phrase for blocking out noise from reaching your ears – like putting your hands over your ears. Modern headphone technology offers more sophistication and technology than this approach, and many passive noise cancellation headphones are specially designed to form a perfect block between the noisy environment and your ear.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) requires dedicated electronics and signal processing to achieve the silence. This technique reduces unwanted sound by the addition of a second sound specifically designed to cancel the first
– be it the drone of traffic, or your snoring partner.
Since sleeping earmuffs are a comfort product, obviously, we want the most comfortable muffs we can find and afford. The perfect sleeping earmuffs are barely even felt – and you shouldn’t be aware that you’re even wearing them.
Different designs of earmuffs bring provide different levels of comfort. I personally prefer the slimmer models as I am a side sleeper. However, if you are predominantly a back sleeper there are a few bulky models with powerful noise-cancelling abilities.
Overall, I believe any minimum level of sleeping earmuffs would need to meet both of these criteria: comfort, as well as noise cancellation to even be considered.
Safety is another important thing to consider. Some designs can almost completely shut off all the noise. While this may be desirable, it does pose some danger. If you can hear the phone, the security alarm, the fire alarm or other emergency signals, it could impact your life.
Once I tried some ultra-noise cancelling earmuffs and I didn’t even hear the alarm clock the following morning and I was late for work. Ooops! So be aware!
4) Headband length
Earmuffs for sleeping usually have some sort of a headband to keep it in place as you toss and turn. Most important is to make sure the size of the headband fits your head–not too tight and not too loose. Otherwise, you might experience a few problems.
An overly large headband may cause the muffs to slide off your head or worse down to your neck. While a headband that’s too tight may cause a headache or worse a migraine. If you are sensitive to headbands recommend taking a look at bandless earmuffs or even ear plugs for sleeping.
What, airflow? Ok let me explain. Many noise-blocking products do not allow any sound to pass through. However, some modern earmuff designs allow your skin to breathe while at the same time blocking out the noise. It truly pays off to keep an eye out for those. This features also helps you sleep better as you are not sweating around the area where the muffs are located.
Cleaning and storage are very important. Since you are going to be using them on your ears and head you must keep it clean to avoid any infections or acne build-up.
My preference is for one that you can toss in the washing machine or better yet, one whose material does not attract dirt.
Some of them come with a nice storage case and can be easily folded to protect them when not in use.
Money doesn’t grow on trees does it? I have a philosophy that the products we recommend shouldn’t break the bank to purchase one. Those that we have recommended, fit this philosophy.
Conclusion: Are these Best Earmuffs for Sleeping Worth It?
Hopefully, this review covers all your questions related to buying earmuffs for sleeping.
Your Best Earmuffs for Sleeping should feel comfortable, be large enough so you don’t lose them, while still small enough to be portable. Keep in mind that even those earmuff brands that do not provide a high level of noise cancellation can still be useful to get you to sleep faster.
Now if you are looking for other non sleeping headphones, make sure to check out our Top 10 Headphones to Buy article.
Hoping you get a peaceful, quiet and good night’s sleep.