This West Bend 84905 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker is all you need to turn out a decent meal without needing any other cooker to help you out. It is one of the slow cookers that can go from stove top back to the heating base without any problem.
The first thing we noticed about this slow cooker is that it comes with a nonstick griddle underneath the cooking pot. This griddle can be used to brown meat, toast bread, melt cheese, and a whole lot of things. This makes it easy for people that love to brown their meat when slow cooking, but would not want to do that in a separate pot. You got what you need with this slow cooker.
Another thing that captures out interest about this slow cooker is the oblong shape. This means that it can accommodate big roasts and full chicken than other slow cookers that come in round shape.
Its 5-quart capacity means that it can cook for a family of 5 or more. It is the perfect slow cooker when cooking for a small party or for a family get-together. It is also stylishly made to serve as a serving dish. So, moving it from the hot griddle cooker to the dining table is no trouble.
One other thing about the West Bend 84905 5-quart slow cooker is that the heat moves from downward to upward and then spreads through the entire pot. It is just like cooking on the stove pot with a normal cooking pot and having the flame/heat move from down to top. You achieve the same effect with this slow cooker.
When it comes to the cooking settings, this slow cooker offers a lot of varieties. It has a cooking temperature dial that goes from 1 to 5. This gives you options to select how high, low, or warm that you want your cooking to go for. This is one cool feature that you cannot find in other slow cookers.
Additionally, the cooking pot is made of aluminum. This is why it is lightweight and able to cook on top of the stove or be used in the oven. Its ability to be used in the oven is a feature that many slow cooker lovers will be happy about.
What more? It can be used to store food in the fridge or freezer or for marinating meat, turkey, and chicken overnight in the fridge; there is no end to what this slow cooker can be used for.
The West Bend 84905 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker makes coming home to a nice meal possible. All you need is to add the ingredients, select the temperature depending on how long you want it to cook or how long you are going to be away and then come home to a delicious and sweet smelling meal for you and your entire family. This slow cooker from West Bend is perfect for cooking pork shoulders, pot roasts, pork tenderloin, a good steak, and for snacks like pancakes and other snacks that can be made on a griddle.
The West Bend 84905 5-quart slow cooker comes in an oblong shape. Its basic color is brushed stainless color. It comes with a glass lid cover and a top handle. It also has two stay-cool handles by the side of the cooking pot. It comes with a detachable black base that also serves as a griddle. The temperature setting is a single flexible knob that goes all the way from 1 to 5.
- Large 5-quart adjustable temperature cooking vessel
- Non-stick cooking vessel interior that is safe to use on the stovetop, in the oven, in the refrigerator or freezer
- The light weight heating base also serves as a griddle
- Glass lid cover and a stay cool lifting handle
- 5 different cooking levels settings for more options
- Cooking pot and glass lid is dishwasher friendly
- The product measures 7-1/4 by 12-3/4 by 8-3/4 inches
- It comes with a one-year limited warranty
- Also, has instruction manual attached
- 210 Watts, 120 volts, AC only
- Product weighs 6.6 pounds
- Comes at a very affordable price of $42.08 on Amazon
- The oblong shape of the slow cooker gives more room for food ingredients and roasts to be accommodated
- The heating base also serves as a nonstick griddle for browning meats and making snacks
- The aluminum cooking pot is detachable and can be used on top of a stove pot or open flame, as well as in the oven
- The cooking pot can be used to store food in the freezer, for marinating meat and leaving overnight in the fridge
- It is stylish enough to be used as a serving dish
- The lid cover is made of glass for a peep at the cooking progress
- The cooking temperature setting offers more options and allows food to be cooked on high, low or warm setting depending on the number chosen
- The glass cover and the nonstick griddle are dishwasher safe
- Comes with a one-year peace of mind warranty
- Can cook for a large family, for a small party or get together
- Comes with an instruction manual
- The side handle is short
- It does not have a clip-on on the lid
Final Verdict on the West Bend 84905 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker
We have looked at the West Bend 84905 5-quart slow cooker with an oblong shape and found it a perfect slow cooker for families, singles, and cooks that love versatility in cooking. It is a unique slow cooker that makes it possible for anyone to slow cook using its heating base, or cook with it on top of the stove.
We love that it has 5 temperature settings that allow you cook your meal at your desired heat. Although the handle may not be as long as we would want it, and it does not have a clip on to hold the liquid in while on transit, this slow cooker is nevertheless one of the best slow cookers that will not only serve you but is also pocket-friendly.