Do you know how to clean a deep fryer easily and quickly?
Cleaning a deep fryer can be a hectic task especially if it has got several complex components. But this may not be always the case.
The advanced and sophisticated products have a removable oil container with a smooth, non-sticky surface. They also have a mechanism for the safe disposal of the leftover cooking oil and easy clean-up of all the parts.
However, you would definitely need to make use of a dish-washing liquid or detergent to remove the oil and grime completely.
If you use your deep fryer frequently, it becomes necessary to change the oil and clean it every few days. Doing so will help prevent the buildup of grime and burnt food which will be quite difficult to remove.
On the other hand, if you use the deep fryer after two or three weeks, it should be cleaned properly after every use.
Caution: While cleaning, do not put the fryer in the sink or dishwasher. It is because immersion in water may cause an irreversible damage to the gadget’s electrical system.
The job of cleaning a deep fryer can be accomplished through the following easy steps.
- Unplug and Let It Cool: The first and most important thing while cleaning a deep fryer is to unplug it. Never try to clean it up while the fryolator is still plugged in. Also you shouldn’t start cleanup immediately after unplugging the gadget. Wait till the oil in the container gets cooled so that it could be removed safely. You should also avoid adding water to a container of hot oil or the mixture could explode.
- Drain Oil Properly: If you intend to re-use the cooking oil in the container, drain it into a clean container with a sealed lid. Afterwards, store it in a cool and dry place. On the other hand, if you think the oil is not safe for reuse, just throw it away in a sealed container. Note: Do not pour the oil down the wash basin, sink or toilet as it is very likely to clog your drain.
- Take out & Clean Frying Basket: After the oil has been completely drained and disposed of, take the frying basket out and put it in the sink for cleaning. For better cleaning, you need to use two to three drops of dish washing detergent and some good ‘ol hot water.
- Wipe Pot & Lid: Take a damp paper towel but make sure it is not dripping. Use it to wipe off remaining oil from the pot and the lid. Meanwhile, a sponge can also be useful to wipe away oil residue and bits of food from inside the pot and the lid. Use of soft spatula or a pan scraper is also recommended to remove the grime.
- Wipe the Heating Element: Most of the deep fryers use a heating element to heat the cooking oil in the pot. It may be composed of a pair of metal rods. As the element has to remain immersed in the oil, it gets covered in oil residue. Use paper towel to properly wipe the element.
So, following the above given simple steps about “how to clean a deep fryer” can make the job of cleaning a deep fryer really very easy as well as quick, don’t you think?